where to begin...

Guest alane

Guest alane

Hi,

I am sorry if I am asking an age old question but i am trying to figure out where to begin, if somebody can point me to a newbie or beginners article to save time (your time that is ) that would be cool. Basically I would love to use a midibox to control something like traktor dj studio .. or the cheaper one (!) that i cant remember the name of. I have the general idea in my head of the layout, pots/faders/buttons/encoders and all that but i cant figure out how this then translates into a list of pcb's and parts and basically how to start building. is there a pcb for each pot/fader .. that kind of stuff.  I had a look at the walkthrough for the MIDIbox64 and it goes through the design and skips over the parts list. I know enough about soldering and electronics to be dangerous ;D but there is so much good stuff on this site that i dont know where to start.

Again I am sorry if this is somewhere obvious on the site or if it repeating an oft asked qeustion.

Thanks for all your help and the cool stuff i can build !

Alan

Dublin, Ireland.

P.S. Anybody else here from Ireland?

Have a  look at www.ucapps.de.

You'll be needing to get the PIC micro controller and program it via a JDM or similar.

Next will be doing up the MBHP Core module which is the main thing that you plug your PIC in.

After which you will need to build the DIN and AIN and DIO modules depending on your needs. Max of 128 digital and 64 for analog.

Once you got all these modules done and hook up, you can connect the bts/pots/faders and stuff..

This is a real rough outline.

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Guest alane

Thanks intosite... the Ucapps site was how i got here :)

so for example if i need a controller with 16 faders and 32 pots i would need 2 of the AIN modules and the knobs and faders connect to  J1-J4 connections on that module .. then that module connects to the core module etc... grand .. i just couldnt make that leap ... sorry for taking up your time .. your help is appreciated..

Alan

/home/Dublin/Ireland

Yeah that's what you do.

You can actually connect on/off buttons to the AIN module also but requires bit more work, but if you don't have to do a DIN board.

You have to ground the pins on J1-J4 that are not used if not you get random events.....

In my opinion, the hardest part was to programm the pic cause my JDM was always faulty. But once done it pretty simple. To make things even better, order a premade board and all you have to do is solder.