Midibox64/SEQ Hybrid

Guest kawsy

Guest kawsy

I just finished building all the boards for the Midibox 64 and I noticed the the hardware seems almost identical to the  SEQ. I was thinking I could swap some of the buttons for rotary encoders and create a hybrid.  What kind of problems would I run into doing this?  The most obvious to me is that the firmware is different.  How hard would it be combine the two programs into one and maybe have one of the buttons on the box switch between the two?? This is already the coolest project I have ever worked on.. And it could be so much cooler if I could do this.

Since these applications are very complex, it isn't possible to combine them to one firmware. But you are able to swap between the applications in between 10 seconds, just upload the appr. .syx file

I would suggest to build the hardware based on the MIDIbox SEQ plans. The MB64E package comes with a prepared setup which runs also with this hardware. And a Logic/Mackie Control emulation setup is also planned.

Best Regards, Thorsten.