SID controlled by software

Guest analouge

Guest analouge

Hey.

I am having some trouble with the JsynthLib thing... Actually, it doesn't work at all...

I have really no idea what to do... All I did was to download the zip file that should contain the executive version and no source, wich fits me fine, coz I am not a very good programmer - yet!

The problem is, I understand from this post that I should run the program from the shell - does that mean that I press "run" in windows and runs it from there? Or some other way.

I also understand that I can just run a bat file... I may be very stupid or blind, but I can't seem to find any bat files... Not any exec files at all actually. I am kinda stuck here, so help would be appreciated very much.

Can someone tell me exactly what to do to get it going?

I downloaded the zip file, but all there is is a hell of a lot of folders, and some files - a html documentation I think, a .class file and a .properties file. There's also a .dll file and a .txt file.

Do I need some kind of "java runtime enviorment" or what it's called to make it work? Anyway - I downloaded some JRE thing or what it's called, installed it, but no difference... Please Help!!

Cheers!

ok runing java aplications is a little bit difrent from ordenary programs. Firstly You need to have the Java Runtime enviroment installed (most people do anyway)you can download it from http://java.sun.com/

then you unzip the jsynth lib zip to some folder.  Then open the command prompt (in acessorys in win 2000). Navigate to whereever you unziped the file using the cd comand (ie cd foldername).  Then when your in the JSynth Lib folder type in java jsynthlib

Alternitively you can set up a file assocation for.class files and point it to java

Check out the docs http://www.jsynthlib.org/docs.html

-ed

Guest analouge

OK, Thanks for the info...

I now found out that I had not installed the JRE. I'm now downloading a file I think is the right one... about 50megs or something like that.

Thorsten:

I can of course see the snapshot of the program, but nowhere to download it. I mean - a picture doesn't do any good :P. Should I use the version of JSynthLib I downloaded at their site, and then update it with a new SID driver module? I don't understand... Please Help someone... :)

thanks!

Guest analouge

Anyway...

If I decide to make my own control panel for cubase or one of those programs that support such stuff, how do I start? I mean - I don't need any information in the actual programming, I don't know how to yet, but I used to do a lot of programming some years ago, so I'll find out - and I recon that telling me how to do it is a HELL of a complicated job :P, so what I'm asking is; what tools do I need to program a control panel for a VST application? Even more important, is it possible to do the same thing for apps that supports only DX plugins? Like Cool Edit 2 Pro. Thats what I use for my music mostley - since I find Cubase a little difficult to use compared to the other very simple ones...

OK,

Thanks for all information...

Guest analouge

OK.

About the method shed came with:

I unzipped JSynthLib into a directory: d:\JSynthLib

Then I went to the command prompt.

I typed "d:", then "cd jsynthlib", then I typed "java jsynthlib". The java stuff show allright, but it isn't the app. It's just a bunch of error messages... lets see if I can get them in here... Here is what my screen looks like...

=========================================

D:\JSynthLib>java jsynthlib

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: jsynthlib <wrong name: JSynthLib>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass0<Native Method>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass<Unknown Source>

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass<Unknown Source>

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass<Unknown Source>

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100<Unknown Source>

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run<Unknown Source>

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged<Native Method>

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass<Unknown Source>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.LoadClass<Unknown Source>

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.LoadClass<Unknown Source>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass<Unknown Source>

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal<Unknown Source>

D;\JSynthLib>

=========================================

What do I do wrong? I don't understand :( hehe

Please Help!!

T H A N K S !!

opps my fault, you have to rember to type things in right. But seriously download the new JSynthLib

http://www.midibox.org/midibox_sid/jsynth_018_with_mbsid_rel6.zip

cos there are some new functions and all, and there is the batch file that makes it easier to open JSynthLib.  I wouldn't bother making a cubase editor, i used JSynthLib for a novation synth at college and it was a lot more usefull than a cubase pannel would have been.

Guest analouge

Thanks! It all works fine now! I am surprised that capital letters is case sensitive...  ???

As for the .bat file - I immediatly made one myself:

==============

d:

cd jsynthlib

java JSynthLib

exit

==============

I haven't yet tried the new one, coz I'm downloading it right now... But I found it very annoying typing the shit in each time I started the app, so I made the .bat file. I'm now thinking back to the golden age of DOS and "edit" programming :D:D - nostalgia!! This way the command prompt window opens, and runs while JSynthLib is running, then it exits when I exit JSynthLib.

Anyway - thanks for the help!

As for the cubase panel - or cool edit panel - I appreciate that you say that you consider JSynthLib better, but I'm not really interested in the best alternative :P That sounds very stange... But I just wanted to try to make a panel... mostly just for the kicks of it, and I enjoy making stuff like that myself... so all I'm asking is if someone in here know what tools I should use to realize this. I'm a very creative man :P and need to make a panel myself to get satisfied :P haha.

Thanks! ;D ;D