Midibox 64 2.3 / Ableton Live / Soft-takeover

Captain_Hastings

I want to use my midibox (Midibox 64 2.3) with ableton Live (3.0.4 / 4  ;D), but there's something i can't figure out...

In Live the Remote Control is configured to midi in and out, connected to my midibox.

My midibox is configured with the merger OFF and the pots set to snap...

In ableton i assign a volume fader to a pot and set the map mode to absolute.

And now the problem:

- if i move the fader in Live, the midibox updates and sets the snap flag for the pot

- if i turn the pot past the snap-point on the midibox, the fader in Live jumps for a split-second and then the snap value on the midibox is again set to a value near the original snap value

In other words:

- the midi input in Live directly generates midi output to update the values

- this way the snap bit is constantly set on the midibox whenever the pot is past the snap point, constantly freezing the pot so you cannot use it...

:'(

Is there something that can be done about this on the midibox side, or is the problem in ableton Live?

How does this work in Cubase/Logic/Sonar etc.?

thanks for any help & cheers!

If Live doesn't allow to disable the forwarding of incoming MIDI events, then you've a problem :-/

In Reaktor it is possible to disable the forwarding for each control element seperately: "Remote to MIDI"

reaktor_abs.gif

The forwarding does only make sense, if the MIDIbox sends relative events (special feature of MB64E), so that the LED rings get updated.

reaktor_rel.gif

Best Regards, Thorsten.