understanding MIOS Structure and Bankstick usage

Guest didifeed

Guest didifeed

hi all!

as i had/have a little bit problems understanding the powerfull software/firmware structure of the midibox i thought that we could start a new thread as a little guide (not too technicaly detailed) for a better understanding what's going on in your box.

the was influenced as i didn't really understand how to work with the bankstick. so i just made a image about the software structure on the pic. would be nice if you could tell me if i'm right with my view of the things

so what i really would like to know is following: i want to make different configurations with the midibox64.ini in the mk_syx package. that's no problem for me. i can also upload it via midiox. but how do i upload them to a specific bank. for now it's only transfered to the general bank of the pic.

thx guys

mb_softwarestruct.jpg

The diagram is absolutely correct.

You can switch to another bank with:

• special function buttons - but they are part of the SysEx dump, and therefore not available so long you haven't defined it in the midibox64.ini file
  • a Program Change command via MIDI Channel 16 (can be sent with MIDI-Ox)
  • a SysEx command via MIDI-Ox (F0 00 00 7E 43 08 <bank-number> F7 --- the first bank number is 00)

A sysex dump will always be loaded into the current bank. So, to make it easy for you: just use the SysEx command for bank switching, and upload the .syx file into the bank thereafter.

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest didifeed

argh .... doesn't work... everytime the same shit ... seems that it loads only to internal memory. could i have damaged the eeprom when soldering?

also took care about the buttons in every config.

i really don't know what to do :( when i send the bank change string i only get back a list of single events from every controller

greez

argh.....i just recognized that my buttons don't work when the bankstick is connected... when it's not connected they work well......misterious...

Are you using the most recent MIOS release V1.7?

In this case keep in mind that the wiring to the BankStick has been changed, see also http://www.ucapps.de/mios_v1_7_hardware_mods.html

With the BankStick select SysEx command you are able to test if MIOS regognizes the BankStick or not (if not it isn't connected properly):

What does your core module return on "F0 00 00 7E 40 00 03 00 F7"?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Guest didifeed

ok... now i have corrected everything. had connected it wrong. but it doesn't work at all. i started a new thread about this in testing/troubleshooting section.

thx man

ps: i'm having mios 1.6 on my pic