Control surface

Guest ROBSCIX

Guest ROBSCIX

I do have electronics exp... Now what I want to do is build a control surface.   Using midi, for events...to control aspect of a audio driver.  The driver has midi triggers and events control aspects of playback.   The more events I can control the better.  I am assuming this is the proper type of site to speak of projects such as this.  I would like to build a box with a bunch of pots and sliders.... I know it's a vague question...but where do I begin?  Thankyou for any help you may give me..

Guest Mark420

Its all there at www.ucapps.de Rob, first of all have a look at the M64 box-follow the links and you will see that its made up of modules controlled by a Core board.

For knobs and faders you will need a AIN module, for switches you will need a DIN module.

Theres a great Pic which explains it here -

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_midibox64_lc.gif

For a more complex M64 midibox check this link-

http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_midibox64.gif

I would tell you to be patient and not rush into things..all the info you require is on the site-sit back and analyse it all before rushing off to buy a lot of things you dont need!

The forums are also FULL of every kind of technical help/trick and tips to get you going once you have started building so check out all the sections.

From one newbee to another-good luck!

;))

Guest ROBSCIX

Yeah, Thank you.  I have been going over the info on thata site.  I am unsure how I missed it the first time.  I have a pretty good idea where I wan to start.  Thank you for pointing me there though.  I am just blown away by how easy it all is.  I don't think I want to go with a 64 channel one right off the bat. something small so I can test it with the application I want to use the expand as needed, thats what is so great about those dessigns.  They are modular. ;D

Guest Mark420

I am doing the same myself-taking slowly I am converting an old Dateq audio mixer with 38 pots 3 long Alps faders and a crossfader for use in controlling Traktor Dj studio.

This will make a nice 3 chann mixer-if it works well I will take it apart and make a new face plate out of Aluminium and make room for more channs.

I really want lots of buttons too-I have this great idea of chopping a computer keyboard apart and using the numpad and cursor keys by attatching a vectorboard with some push switches underneath them,hopeully i can then attach one of these units each side of the mixer for deck controls.

Each midibox is different..and each one is for the user of the box ;)