how to avoid incomming CF on bankchange?

Guest didifeed

Guest didifeed

hi there!

hope i got the right forum for this.

when i'm controlling softsynths with my box i need to send on more different controller values as i have pots on my box. to this end i have 2 or 3 banks on my bankstick to switch between.

my first problem was the auto snapshot function. because all the controller mooved on the bankchange. no problem anymore since i disabled the function in my configuration.

my next problem is when i perform a bankchange via sending a programm change message (CF) to the box i get the same string back from the box and the patch of the synth is changing.

does anyone know how to disable this? thorsten? hehe

thx

Guest didifeed

hi there!

hope i got the right forum for this.

when i'm controlling softsynths with my box i need to send on more different controller values as i have pots on my box. to this end i have 2 or 3 banks on my bankstick to switch between.

my first problem was the auto snapshot function. because all the controller mooved on the bankchange. no problem anymore since i disabled the function in my configuration.

my next problem is when i perform a bankchange via sending a programm change message (CF) to the box i get the same string back from the box and the patch of the synth is changing.

does anyone know how to disable this? thorsten? hehe

thx

Guest didifeed

ok i think i found it but as i already don't know assembler perhaps i don't exactly know what to change.

;; send a program change of user flag is set

SET_BSR      MB64_BASE

BIFCLR      MB64_CFG1, MB64_CFG1_SEND_PC_ON_BCHANGE, BANKED, rgoto MB64_BANK_Change_End

MB64_BANK_Change_SendPC

movlw      0xc0 | ((DEFAULT_PROGRAM_CHNG_CHANNEL-1) & 0xf)

call      MIOS_MIDI_TxBufferPut

movf      MB_BANK, W

andlw      0x7f

--------------------------------------------------

hm....nobody surfing around here? hehe

i'll solve this another way now. i'll programm my bankchanger program to send sysex strings. hope that it will work as fine as with patch change messages.

greez

Guest didifeed

ok i think i found it but as i already don't know assembler perhaps i don't exactly know what to change.

;; send a program change of user flag is set

SET_BSR      MB64_BASE

BIFCLR      MB64_CFG1, MB64_CFG1_SEND_PC_ON_BCHANGE, BANKED, rgoto MB64_BANK_Change_End

MB64_BANK_Change_SendPC

movlw      0xc0 | ((DEFAULT_PROGRAM_CHNG_CHANNEL-1) & 0xf)

movf      MB_BANK, W

andlw      0x7f

--------------------------------------------------

hm....nobody surfing around here? hehe

i'll solve this another way now. i'll programm my bankchanger program to send sysex strings. hope that it will work as fine as with patch change messages.

greez

• 2 weeks later...
Guest didifeed

hm.....yeah .... midi merger would be possible as solution... have to try this. disabling send pc on bankchange doesn't work.

in the meantime i changed my bankchanger program to send sysex strings. but it's not perfect with sysex because the box resets after every bankchange and to this end there is always a delay of 2 or 3 seconds until the new bank is available.

perhaps thorsten knows something about that

thx

greez

Guest didifeed

hm.....yeah .... midi merger would be possible as solution... have to try this. disabling send pc on bankchange doesn't work.

in the meantime i changed my bankchanger program to send sysex strings. but it's not perfect with sysex because the box resets after every bankchange and to this end there is always a delay of 2 or 3 seconds until the new bank is available.

perhaps thorsten knows something about that

thx

greez