Rotary encoders - in German, please?

Jurbo

I'm considering building a Midibox SID Synth with the Control Surface Step C, and I'm trying to figure out the supplies needed.

So, all the tweakable knobs are "rotary encoders", not potentiometers. But what are they called in German? I'm having trouble finding them on the parts suppliers' pages.

I'm considering building a Midibox SID Synth with the Control Surface Step C, and I'm trying to figure out the supplies needed.

So, all the tweakable knobs are "rotary encoders", not potentiometers. But what are they called in German? I'm having trouble finding them on the parts suppliers' pages.

Guest tew303

Hi Jurbo,

You can order them from Voti.nl. It's a dutch supplier, but they ship to germany for a minimal amount. Note that they only sell detended encoder, but very cheap though (around 1 euro a piece)

good luck

Guest tew303

Hi Jurbo,

You can order them from Voti.nl. It's a dutch supplier, but they ship to germany for a minimal amount. Note that they only sell detended encoder, but very cheap though (around 1 euro a piece)

good luck

In German they called: Drehencoder, Drehimpulsgeber

www.buerklin.com

Katalog - Herstellerübersicht anzeigen - ALPS - ALPS Stichworte - Encoder - Encoder Typ ALPS STEC.. (E107.100)

ab 10 Stück 1,74 € + MwSt.

www.schuricht.de

Schnellsuche: ALPS - ALPS ST EC16B, 24 Pulse

ab 25 Stück 1,97€ (inkl. MwSt.)

www.distrelec.at

Schnellsuche: ALPS - Encoder mit 24 Impulsen

ab 25 Stück 1,50 € + MwSt.

http://www.voti.nl/shop/products_1.html#M-SW-ROT

ab 1,05€

In German they called: Drehencoder, Drehimpulsgeber

www.buerklin.com

Katalog - Herstellerübersicht anzeigen - ALPS - ALPS Stichworte - Encoder - Encoder Typ ALPS STEC.. (E107.100)

ab 10 Stück 1,74 € + MwSt.

www.schuricht.de

Schnellsuche: ALPS - ALPS ST EC16B, 24 Pulse

ab 25 Stück 1,97€ (inkl. MwSt.)

www.distrelec.at

Schnellsuche: ALPS - Encoder mit 24 Impulsen

ab 25 Stück 1,50 € + MwSt.

http://www.voti.nl/shop/products_1.html#M-SW-ROT

ab 1,05€

I'm actually Finnish but the parts suppliers are German so I had to ask... :)

I'm hoping to find some parts here in Finland, too, so that I wouldn't have to order from many different suppliers in Central Europe (Postages, postages...).

I think I'll order the modules as full kits from Claudia's shop... But first I'm getting myself some c64's to get the SIDs (I've got one machine in the closet but I want to have one in full condition anyway)...

Anyway, thanks for help!

I'm actually Finnish but the parts suppliers are German so I had to ask... :)

I'm hoping to find some parts here in Finland, too, so that I wouldn't have to order from many different suppliers in Central Europe (Postages, postages...).

I think I'll order the modules as full kits from Claudia's shop... But first I'm getting myself some c64's to get the SIDs (I've got one machine in the closet but I want to have one in full condition anyway)...

Anyway, thanks for help!

Ok - here's more questions:

The encoders have a number of impulses or "rastungen", does this mean that it will give for example 30 commands per full circle turned (a bit like gearing ratio)? And how many impulses per round would be preferable in my case?

Ok - here's more questions:

The encoders have a number of impulses or "rastungen", does this mean that it will give for example 30 commands per full circle turned (a bit like gearing ratio)? And how many impulses per round would be preferable in my case?