Level Meter for visually disabled (blind) people

Screaming_Rabbit

Well, since both the ideas I had (solinoids and vibration) are allready proposed, there is only one left:

A mechanism that will generate some big voltage to a wire attached to the user's hand. The higher the level, the higher the voltage, just like the primitive video game on a James Bond movie (can't remember which!). Of course it may introduce humm in the console or even severe damage to the user if the level is accidently too high!

(kidding of course!)

Moebius wrote:

And I have seen those "Vibrating motors" also sold as cheap Surplus

Thanks for the tipp. - Here's an other one: I went to one of those mobilephone shops and asked the guy: "I bet people bring back their broken or outdated phones to you for recycling" (In Switzerland you get charged if you throw electronic waste into the regular garbage). I told him what I'm up to, he took one out of a box and gave it to me  :D

... You just have to make shure, that it has got a vibrating unit... You're at the right place... ask the sales person, he's the pro...

Greets, Roger

Moebius wrote:

And I have seen those "Vibrating motors" also sold as cheap Surplus

Thanks for the tipp. - Here's an other one: I went to one of those mobilephone shops and asked the guy: "I bet people bring back their broken or outdated phones to you for recycling" (In Switzerland you get charged if you throw electronic waste into the regular garbage). I told him what I'm up to, he took one out of a box and gave it to me  :D

... You just have to make shure, that it has got a vibrating unit... You're at the right place... ask the sales person, he's the pro...

Greets, Roger

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Should be very easy. (LED output (hmm. even "matrix"ed?!) triggering transistor, switching motors power) And I have seen those "Vibrating motors" also sold as cheap Surplus.

Bye, Moebius

Hehehe... easy for you  8) ... not for me :P

I don't have the knowledge to evaluate what transistor to choose and so on. I hardly understand why a circuit is built the way it is by looking at the shematics.

What are the steps? I think the vibrating unit runs on 3V, since most of the mobile phones have 3V batteries. Should I just supply it with 3V DC (with a security resistor) and measure the current?

Is there an online information source with design tips for such "easy" circuits?

Greets, Roger

Greets, Roger