Assembly Language

Guest Dranore

Guest Dranore

I know this is sort of off topic... you can move it to miscelaneous if you want... but it is software related. Anyways. Thorsten, you programmed MIOS in assembly, I was wondering if you knew of any good resources for learning it. I'm interested in building and programming some devices, but most of what I can find is assembly for PC's... which isn't really what I'm looking for. If you or anyone else knows of some good resources for this sort of thing, I'd appreciate the info. :) Thanks.

-Dranore

Guest nomadicWhale

Hi Dranore,

There's tons of resources you can use. It really depends on the type expirience you have on computer programming.

If you know asm (even pc asm), I guess that the microchip reference book (avaiable on thier web site) will be great for you. It lists all the asm commands available.

If not, than google "pic tutorial". the first one is nice: http://www.mstracey.btinternet.co.uk/pictutorial/picmain.htm

Other than that you have ofcourse all TK's samples from the download page. Many good examples there.

Latly TK came out with a C interface which is a lot easier than learning asm. I'm not sure this is the best way to go when writing a full blown application (because of perfomance reasons) but it can get you started writing MIOS application in a short time.

hope this helps,

good luck

nW