Ceramic capacitors of the SID 8580 Module

Jurbo

Hi! I finally got most of the parts to build my Midibox SID with one 6581 and one 8580, and have been happily soldering away the last couple of nights, so far producing a working JDM and a Core that measures ok.

Now I'm nearly finished with my SID 8580 module, but I'm boggled about the capacitors (I bought all the modules as kits from Claudia).

The kit came with 6 ceramic capacitors, and 8 are needed. Am I supposed to reuse the filter caps from the c64, as I have done?

Now I have two empty slots for caps on the left of the transistor, and one empty slot 1 cm left of the audio input. And I have 1 x 1nF and 2 x 6,8 nF capacitors left, but I can't figure out which slot belongs to which cap or do I have the wrong caps left?

Help greatly needed and appreciated!

• 5 months later...

Hmmm... I've just (almost) built my SID (6581) module and I'm also missing capacitors in my Claudia kit.

One 470pF (C4 in my case)

One 1nF (C6 in my case)

Also C9 on schematic is a 2200uF/16V (as was delivered), but a 1000uF/25V on the Eagle layout data. I notice that the .pdf for the schematic is ver. 1 while the Eagle layout data is ver. 2.

This is too confusing for a newbie like me. Jurbo - did you get clarity in your capacitor wonders?

Would anyone else step in and shed some light over this?

Thanks,

Mikael

Oops, just joined in on your thread on this one, Lo-Fi...

Yeah, I just got the caps elsewhere, so that my values match the available schematics. It seems that Claudia's specs aren't up to date...

By the way, I think it's strange that no-one else has reported this, as we are six months apart on this purchase - or are the kits so unpopular???