Question about jaycar sliders

Steven_C

A friend of mine needs advice about sliders, but he can't get himself registered onto this forum for some reason... (incorrect explorer settings?) So I've posted the question here...

Ive got some money together so I am gonna go shopping for some parts, and what I wanted to ask you was how do the sliders work for the midiboxes you built? I know you used the standard jaycar or dick

smith sliders and am thinking that that is probably the best way to go. Is there any jitter or is it smooth sailing? obviously it is tricky to get 127 values when you only have 60mm of travel but is it acceptable or do you

recommend that longer sliders make a huge difference to the setting of values? I am thinking about maybe some longer sliders, but they are pretty expensive, and I have a feeling that maybe just the regular jaycar sliders will give acceptable operational results, plus they are about 1/8 they price of the longer ones (always a bonus).

Anyway, thanks for any advice you can give

-sasha

and this was my response

My 60mm faders came from farnell. They were about $3 each. I haven't tried any sliders from DSE or Jaycar... The ones I used from farnell have bad jitter, though I'm not sure if it is because of the way I wired them up, or because of the quality... The 100mm motorfaders in my midibox LC work fine, no jitter at all. They are about US$6 each I think, but that is very expensive if you aren't using them as motorfaders!!

I will post your question on the forum, so you can see if anyone else can answer it better...

So has anyone got some advice? (thanks)