VMIDIbox 64e

gillesdeshays

I've notice strange behaviour on Vmidibox64e ...

i try to UL a .syx in a core (MIOS v1.7 with MB64e 2.1 and standalone) which was burned as id00 and modified with the change_id application ...

For this core, I can see id01 at startup. So it 's well id01 !

But if i set the id01 on the Vmidibox, and send the sysex , i don't have the answer of the pic ... the .syx is sent but no answer ...

if i set to id0x00, it works fine ! the mb64e answer and the .syx is in the core ...

any idea ?

Device IDs: the MIOS device ID and the application specific device ID doesn't have the same function. The MIOS device ID is used to address MIOS specific SysEx commands for code up/download and debugging to the core. This ID can only be changed in the ID header of the PIC (see the bootstrap loader page) or with the change_id program (see MIOS Download section). The application specific ID can - if available - mostly be changed in the main.asm header, with special SysEx commands or within a menu provided by the application itself (e.g. MIDIbox64/64E/MF: SysEx Menu, MIDIbox SID: CFG->Dev)

however, seems that it makes sense to integrate the same AUTO_ID feature like in the MIDIbox SID, because it seems that this seperation (which sometimes makes sense) is too confusing for users

Best Regards, Thorsten.