Reassigning row of pots quickly

Guest epochsounds

Guest epochsounds

In a midibox64, or whatever works, is there any way to reassign a row of pots quckly like this:

8 pots

4 buttons

Each button reassigns each the pots like this: button #2 reassigns pots 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 into CC# 9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16; button #3 reassigns those to CC# 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24...etc.

Furthermore, can the entire array of CC#s, 1-32, have their values stored on the bankstick even though the pots have been reassigned?

??

You can just do it bank stick style.

This seems the best way to do it.

You could somehow set up an if/else or something of the sorts to change the cc#s with the press of a button, which might help you learn some more mios programming.

Maybe an alternate so that when the button is pushed, a different section would increment each CC# by 8?

Dunno, just trying to spark a bit of thought.....

;D

.......but I think the bankstick would be the easiest route for changing the CC.

Hope it helps......

-S

Guest epochsounds

I'm thinking about doing this the old fashioned way, although the only way I know how to do any of this electonical stuff is what MIDIbox has taught me.  But what if I were to impliment a multiplex analog switch IC like one of these http://www.njr.com/index4.html directly onto the AIN, http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_ainx4.pdf so that the jumper from IC1 switches between J5's A0-A3 according to the logic of the multiplex, and when a J5 pin is not used it's switched to the ground.

Any thoughts out there about this?

Will switching cause an interruption that will make random midi data for an instance?  

Guest epochsounds

I don't undertand that link ???  Is that referring to Sephult's suggestion?  That is a fine suggestion, except I want to save my banksticks for storing CC values, so that one bank has stored not just the setup for pots 1-8, and another with pots 9-16, but each bank to have identical CC layouts including setups for pots 1-16 and beyond, and each bank will vary only in actual values of their CCs.  I want to use banks to recall settings on the fly of a consitant array of computer based plug-in effects.

Another option is doing this bankswitching for the pot reassignment on one core module and using another core to store the CC values in a comprehensive bank that includes CC#1-whatever.  However, as I describe in the troubleshooting forum, I can't get an application other than the MIDI monitor to react to incoming midi events, and so no way have I found can I get a core to store incoming MIDI data on a bankstick.

I guess there's a way to program this, except I have no idea how to do this.  Of course, I had no idea how to build a MIDIbox when I started this.  

I think I understand what you are saying, but I think you are getting too complicated with it.  I think you are able to do what you are suggesting just using banksticks (maybe multiple banksticks)

I take what your saying as:

(1) You want to have say eight pots in a layout

(2) You have a value assigned to each pot

-----------pot 1 = cc#1----pot 2 = cc#2-----etc.....

(3) You want to switch it so now pot 1 = cc#9 and so on.

Quote your first message

===========================================

Each button reassigns each the pots like this: button #2 reassigns pots 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 into CC# 9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16; button #3 reassigns those to CC# 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24...etc.

===========================================

To me this is stated as just a basic bankstick snapshot

To set this up you would:

(1) Use midi learn and teach each pot the cc#

(2) Save this snapshot into your first slot on the bankstick

Then to make the pots the next cc#s

(1) Again use midi learn and teach the new values

(2) Save this snapshot in the second slot

and so on...........

Finally you would program the 4 buttons so that button 1 selects the first bank, button 2 the second bank and so on.....

Alright that aside........

You could use a bankstick for just a default that would place the setup so each pot had its CC#s zeroed out

You could use a second bankstick so that when you do have a setup you want you can just snapshot those into the second bank.

Maybe having some buttons for just having default setup CC#'s

Then make some buttons to access the presets you are wanting to use for your software.

This is the most I can get from your messages, if this doesn't seem right. Try to clarify it more and Moebius and I might be able to give you better answers.