Analog feature for Mbox : Analog clock

defred

I saw on the ucapps site, that some analog interface have been created to use with old synths, I own a SH101 and the only thing I would like to link to midi is the clock. Would it be really hard to make a converter from midi clock to analog clock so that my small SH101 sequencer can be synchro with all my midi stuff ?

Maybe it would need a switch to be able to change the speed to 2 times faster or 2 times slower...

just an idea, but it would be really cool to be able to program gimmicks on the sh live and use it with no synchro problems (for now I use an old bar to do that, but it is far to weighty for me to bring it on stage)

defred

Hmm..

SH-101.. Brings back some good memories ;)

Well, implementing midiclock syncronized trigger outputs is possible (and should be done) as well as DIN Sync for old drum machines - and probably will, someday ;) (Don't look at me, I'm not even nearly there yet)

And for the DIY solution, already there, go to:

http://www.angelfire.com/geek/srlabs/diner.html

Bye, Moebius

thanks a lot for the url it is of greazt interest !

I just don't get one thing about this "DINer" circuit, is how to setup the switch to select the different definitions "per quarter note". Yes I'm an electronic total ignorant, but I have strong logic understanding of things. I'll try to mount a box like this, I know many of my friends would love to have such a device !

workin on it, still it would be cool if such a feature was implemented on the Mbox projects !

defred

I just don't get one thing about this "DINer" circuit, is how to setup the switch to select the different definitions "per quarter note".

That's really a simple matter of taking outputs (8ppqn for 32nth notes, 4ppqn for 16nth and 2ppqn for 8th as you already knew,  ::)) And using those as switch inputs and then the common contact is trigger output. A rotary switch will do, but if you really want only three positions, there's a special version of a 3 position toggle switch (on-on-on) that could do the same.

Only thing that makes me a little concerned is that are those little PICs outputs capable of directly driving 101's trigger input?

Bye, Moebius