Linux/Win-Compliant C PIC Prog

Guest Mr.Freeze

Guest Mr.Freeze

I've been using some PIC16F876A µC's at work for one month now, with MicroChip's PICSTART Plus hardware & MPLAB software and PicAnt C2C compiler. Easy way but not for cheapskates... I'd like to find a low-cost solution for my own projects (including MIDIbox ones, that's why I'm here), running on Linux (and Windows if available), in C not ASM!

When it comes to hardware, I've been thinking of C. Tavernier's or El Cheapo's designs. Should the SourceForge couple (SDCC & PP06) help handle that situation, PIC16F support seems to be on its earliest stage... Any replacement idea?

Guest Mr.Freeze

I've found the aforementionned makefile on the topic "Status of SDCC evaluation" (for those who read posts silently on their own):

project.hex:      main.c 
       gpasm -c mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm -I mios_wrapper -o mios_wrapper.o 
       sdcc -S -V -mpic16 -p18F452 --pomit-config-words --pomit-ivt -pleave-reset-vector main.c  
       perl tools/fixasm.pl main.asm 
       gpasm -c main.asm 
       gplink main.o mios_wrapper.o -s project.lkr -o project.hex 
       perl tools/hex2syx.pl project.hex

I think I can guess how to remove occurences of the MIOS C Wrapper above as I ain't into MIOS programming for the moment. I'll still be notfied of updates on the other topic for future projects.

Thanks!

Here's a better one I think ;)

project.syx:    main.c mios_wrapper.o
        sdcc -S -V -mpic16 -p18F452 --pomit-config-words --pomit-ivt -pleave-reset-vector main.c
        perl tools/fixasm.pl main.asm
        gpasm -c main.asm
        gplink main.o mios_wrapper.o -s project.lkr -o project.hex
        perl tools/hex2syx.pl project.hex
        mios_upload.pl project.syx

mios_wrapper.o: mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm
        gpasm -c mios_wrapper/mios_wrapper.asm -I mios_wrapper -o mios_wrapper.o

upload: project.syx
        mios_upload.pl project.syx

When using Windows, it's more to be considered as a *.bat script than a makefile, isn't it?

Yes I think, but I don't know windows very well.

Why don't you use PP06 instead of GPASM?

PP06 is for programming the chip? gpasm is a pic assembler (needed because SDCC output asm). But I didn't know PP06, I will look after it now ;)

I use Pikdev for linux, works fine with the midbox design of the JDM. There is a decent open source C compiler in the works too, but I don't think it's done yet.

And gvim for writing the source code, it has syntax highlighting for Microchip Assembly, cool!

iain

And gvim for writing the source code, it has syntax highlighting for Microchip Assembly, cool!

kwrite has this feature too ;) (and emacs has got an asm mode too)

There is a decent open source C compiler in the works too, but I don't think it's done yet.

This is not SDCC?

• 2 weeks later...