4*20 LCD

Guest bertil

I tried to find an answer to this question of mine from the previous messages/topics and from Thorsten's site, but couldn't find one, so here it comes...

Do I have to change the MIOS (and if I have to, then how?) to get my 4*20 LCD working with the MIDIbox SID so that all the four lines would be in full use, or does it already support this kind of a LCD?

What I want is that the first two lines would have five parameters to be modified, and the two lower lines would have the next five, and by scrolling the cursor to the right the menu would go upwards and the next five parameters would appear on the two lowest lines etc.

I really aren't capable of editing assembly code or anything like that, so I would appreciate any kind of help from you guys!

PS I hope that this question is in right forum...

Thanks already and let's keep this community alive! It's been very interesting and educational to read the topics in here. Especially the hot topic about copyrights and other stuff...

I wish all the best to all of you hard working maniacs!!

Petri

(Tervetuloa midiboxin ihmeelliseen mailmaan ;))

Hi,

By looking at HD44780 based LCD specs I think setting display type to 2*40 would do just what you want (Addresses for the last 20 characters of the first line (2*40) equals adresses of the 3rd line (4*20) ect.).

quote:

main.asm:

#define CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS 5

;; NOTE: if CS_MENU_DISPLAYED_ITEMS > 5, you have to adapt the DIN settings

;; in cs_menu_io_tables.inc

So, if you want to have 5 selection buttons above display and 5 more under it - You edit those in..

Bye, Moebius

/edit:typo

All sprite!

Thanx!

Kiitos vastauksesta! On se ihme, että suomalaiset ehtivät joka paikkaan. Muutenkin Skandinaviasta on tyyppejä joka ikisellä commodore -saitilla - joko tekijöinä tai aktiivisina osallisina; HVSC, MIDIbox, Elektron SIDstation...

Kai se on jokin perverssi kansanluonne, joka meitä tänne ajaa... ;)!

Petri