connect joystick to SID slave 16F877?

AndrewMartens

Hi, I did a few searches and didn't see an answer to this anywhere - hopefully I'm not just blind or stupid.

Plan:

Anyways, I have two joysticks (picked them up surplus a year ago for $1 each, I think they're the same as used in the Red Sound Darkstar) that I plan to connect up to a dual-SID CS B.  Ideally I would like to hook up one joystick to each Core module, and have it only control the filter on each SID.  Dual joysticks for dual filter fun, yay!

Question:

If I use a 16F877 (I have a few sitting around) as the slave Core module for this dual-SID unit, can I connect one joystick to the master and one to the slave?  Or is it necessary to wire both into the master unit and then configure MIOS to transmit Midi CC's for the second joystick?

Hopefully I'll finish all my wiring, testing, and get this mounted in a case within two weeks - then I can move onto my other MIOS-based chip synth designs (as mentioned elsewhere)...