Casio HT3000

d2k

Hey

Ye, it looks like its coming from the ring in that sch symbol  ::)

WRT powering th opamp buffer - will a biased voltage be needed - like +/- 12 or can I get away with just using the +9V from the same psu and tie the -V pin to gnd?

thanks!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

voltage was around the 3.3V mark max i think - any higher and the res just freaked out completley ;D

Will post some clips once the c/v aout bidness is done :)

BTW, as this res now scales up to the +3V mark, I'm assuming I need to make one of the LM's on the aout module do the same - meaning having to use the R_* resistors right...? Or can I just stick the resistorless aout c/v signal before the buffer so the voltage will be scaled up to the 3.3?

voltage was around the 3.3V mark max i think - any higher and the res just freaked out completley ;D

Will post some clips once the c/v aout bidness is done :)

BTW, as this res now scales up to the +3V mark, I'm assuming I need to make one of the LM's on the aout module do the same - meaning having to use the R_* resistors right...? Or can I just stick the resistorless aout c/v signal before the buffer so the voltage will be scaled up to the 3.3?

Hi ya..

Just checkin' local "ebay clone" for Casios ;)

Ok - You learned the upper limit of res CV, and that Casio design was lame ;)

Don't insert cv before the buffer as it protects uC from extrenal voltages...

I think you should replace (all Casio related) AOUT buffer resistor values with those on your working buffer.. it would give you the oppurtunity to scale those as fit..

Maybe there is more scale to freq controls as well?

Bye, Moebius

Just checkin' local "ebay clone" for Casios

eheh coo - just as well it's local cos theyre pretty big old things...i've squeezed the main bits into a C64 (breadbin type) case tho, also got a core in there too...and to come the aout...

I think you should replace (all Casio related) AOUT buffer resistor values with those on your working buffer.. it would give you the oppurtunity to scale those as fit..

so change the 47K cutoff resistors to another buffer ckt with 220k resistors? or r u sayin use the values i have in the current buffer ckt in the aout ckt? So - R_x/y = 1K, R_p = 100k?

cheers

;D

cut and res now under the hands of mios aout control :)

response is great :)

BTW, for the aout > res connection I had to wire it direct (no resistors) to the buffer input to get the voltage range the same (0-3.3Vish) - as the 100K trimmers on the aout module didnt alter the voltage out (max was 2.summin) - that okay ye?

well thanks for the 'elp! ;D

right, now thinking a(b)out  improving the audio section and adding an external input which could be routed thru the filter...

for the external input can I just jack in before the vcf? Would some kind of buffer circuit be needed there again?

For the audio outs I was thinking of makin each tone and perc signals a seperate output, with the electronically balanced output stage from the ssl comp clone (http://www.gyraf.dk/gy_pd/ssl/ssl_sch.gif)...

nice

D

for the external input can I just jack in before the vcf? Would some kind of buffer circuit be needed there again?

Well, external input might need some signal conditioning and at least AC coupling (that cap before vcf input in the schematics). What are the levels going to vcf? Maybe just pot for adjusting level and straight non-inverting buffer..

Somehow I think that balanced outs are kind of unnecessary in this piece of equipment ;) But individual outs sounds good..

As I was looking for peak to peak voltage level for the vcf input - I happened to realize that sounds are generated by actually mixing 2 dac outputs.. Instant new waveforms ;) Just look at page 17 of the datasheet..

Bye, Moebius

Heyhey

As I was looking for peak to peak voltage level for the vcf input - I happened to realize that sounds are generated by actually mixing 2 dac outputs.. Instant new waveforms  Just look at page 17 of the datasheet..

hmmz, so u sayin slap in a couple of pots where the 820R/130K and 820R/10K meet up (like VR6/9 in schem)...for more (midi controllable) manglin potential ye? 10K d'ya rek to start with?

cheers!

O ye, i counted 32 options for the data menu pot - do u think a 32 step digital pot would suit spot on, or would a higher 256 step offer greater range for ?snapping? to a specific menu param?

More like individual pots in place of 820R and 130K / 820R and 10K, or something.. "Lower dac" output looks pretty square (-ish) to me.. Mixin'  is done in 1:158 ratio, so it's very small component of the sound. With individual controls, you could make new "buzzy" sounds, but probably loose the originals (if you don't make a bypass switch :).. (How do you dial accurately 1/158th or something from a pot? ;)))

No midi control here, if you don't cook up some VCAs...

O ye, i counted 32 options for the data menu pot - do u think a 32 step digital pot would suit spot on, or would a higher 256 step offer greater range for ?snapping? to a specific menu param?

Probably linearity of a digipot is much better than pot onboard.. But does that guarantee snappin'? Who knows ;) You can always hope.. BUT it's better to grap something (at least nearly) MIOS compatible ;)

Bye, Moebius