Working on the Lcd

Nikolai

Hi.

I'm workning on cutting the track names down to 4 charaters (one 2X40 lcd) Axel posted a sugestion about shifting the unwanted characters to somewhere "off-screen" this is a good idea, but it raises some problems (at least to me) : I have not found a way to posistion (x) in the upper line only. I change the values in LC_hlp.inc

LC_HLP_MsgCursorPos
      JUMPTABLE_2BYTES 55
retlw      0x00 + 14
retlw      0x00 + 15
retlw      0x00 + 40 \\charaters moved out of the screen

the problem is that when I shuffel the charaters off screen the Host msgs also get changed

Is there a better way of doing this? or Is there a way of more exactly setting the X,Y position. ?

Thank you.

Nikolai

Hi Nikolai,

you could create a second jumptable for the lower line and use this in lc_clcd.inc, below LC_CLCD_Msg_CursorUpdate_XL, when LC_CURSOR, 6 is set. But this possibly won't really solve your problem once the host prints informations at the lower line which relate to the tracks.

The problem is, that the protocol doesn't provide some kind of "type of message" which allows to seperate between different layouts - I've no idea for a general workaround solution

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi

thank you. I have already tryed with 2 jumptables, or turning it on/off, works quite ok, all though sometimes the lcd does not clear properly.

anyway, the Huston lcd driver works fantastic on one 2x40, naturaly... maybe I will use this instead. but why do they have to pas the data like that(?) Makes it hard to customize when it's all steinbergish  ;)

well I'll figure something out. thanks anyway.

Nikolai