does anyone make this pot?

tgp

looking for a 180 degree, center detent, motorized touch sensetive potentiometer.

not fader style. knob pot style.

reason being for panning applications. so 90 left 90 right. center detented.

i know this is a ton of options, but just wondering if something close to this exist.

thanks for any help.

t

ive checked alp's site. not do deep though.

reason for the 180 degree is just purely for panning purposes. so slam it clockwise and its panned hard right. dig?

i guess the 'standard' method is using a 360 degree. or an endless rotary pot (rotarys are endless right?) and just having it 'tap out' on the screen, but actually not have a point of resistance or stop on the acutal pot.

if it would be easier i could go rotary or 360.

if thats true, does anyone make a touch sensetive pot?

thanks alot man!

t

Hey t

i guess the 'standard' method is using a 360 degree.

... usually a pot has about 300° (far left to far right). There shure are some pots which have like 10 turns (precision pots). Sometimes used for motorized pots mounted at the primary gear side (attached to the motor). - I think p&g motorized joysticks work like this. So when you turn the shaft 300°, the pot actually makes 10 turns.

or an endless rotary pot (rotarys are endless right?)

No. They always have an end (lowest to highest resistance). Rotary just means, that you turn it around it's own shaft. What you mean, is an endless rotary encoder. Every detend is one pulse sending to the digital input. A pulse, telling the host software to adjust the pan (for example) one step to the right or the other way. When the position in the host software is at it's end (example: left) , you can go on turning the encoder counter clockwise (sending pulses) but the position (in the host sw) stays far left till you turn the knob to the other side.

reason for the 180 degree is just purely for panning purposes. so slam it clockwise and its panned hard right. dig?

...when you slam a 300° clockwise it's hard right as well... ;)

if thats true, does anyone make a touch sensetive pot?

Yes... but no detend in the middle position. A touch function you only need for motorized pot's... to tell the motor to stop driving when you want to take over the adjustments (touch write function in your host sw)

http://www3.alps.co.jp/pdf/2004pdf/pdf_e/Potentiometer/Metal/rotary_motor.pdf

I would suggest, that you take an encoder. You even can take one with a switch (push the turning knob to close the switch). You can program the switch to send a midi event to tell the host sw to jump to the middle position (instead of a pot with a detend in the middle position)

Greets, Roger