Keyboard mod :)

Guest ShagWill

Guest ShagWill

Hi !

I'm currently designing and buying the gears for my new setup... and I want to let you know that it's really WAY so much expensive !!! Kurzweil K2600XS, Roland XV-5080, Korg TR Rack, Yamaha MOTIF Rack, all of this with expansion and 2 computers. The problem is that I'm currently running out of money and I need a "portable keyboard" that doesn't weight 80 lbs to pratice with bands and for little contracts. I have an old Roland EP-7, a Kurzweil ExpressionMate and I'm thinking about buying an old sound module (Like a Roland JV-1010, Korg N1R or something else). Since I will have only to buy the sound module, it will costs only about 200 $ US. What I want to do is to build a new enclose for the 76 notes keyboard to make theses things all-in-one.

The problem is that my Roland EP-7 doesn't a pitch bend wheel and modulation wheel... and I will need something to change my patches... So I will have to build inside my keyboard a MB...

I will need to find the modulation wheel and the pitch bend wheel... any idea where I could find them (or how I could build them).

Thank you !

William

wsimard@yahoo.com

Hi William, I don't know how you would like this, but I bought an old analog apple joystick for $2 US at a flea market. I had to rewire the pots, but it works great. A cool feature it has is that with a switch, you can change between self-centering or not, so you can have the pitch bend axis spring loaded, but the modulation not. Well, good luck...

Justin

Oh, If you need regular wheels, I think you would have to look for a trashed keyboard to buy cheap and take them, although you could just use a regular fader for the modulation.