using the midio 128 for light control

revellady

Hi everyone, I am new  to the world of midi and I am looking for some advice, I am building a halloween display and I am using the midio 128 to control dancing and singing skeletons and also the lighting effects, ( I know its a little early but I dont like to rush)  I need some software that will let me mix the midi with my auido but wil let me save the mix and then play them automaticly. I have tried ntrack studios and anvil.

• 1 month later...

have a search round there are litraly hundreds of apps that are free / cheep and can do this, but most of them will be crap.

for linux there is adour http://ardour.org/ witch seems to be fairly good.

stuff is more lacking on windoze i think there may be something called multitrack studio that would be ok ish, the demo version suports 2 tracks of audio and 5 midi or something

and on the mac, garage band (duh)

ed

scope SMM - Shareware music machine, and databaseaudio.co.uk, for freebies

If you only need this for a short time, and have little experience, I would recommend using a demo of cakewalk sonar. I recommend sonar because it uses windows standard user interface stuff (like CTRL+C for copy, CTRL+Z for undo, CTRL+drag for copying with the mouse, standard WinAPI drop-down lists, standard window frames, etc) whereas the other major midi sequencer/multitrack audio editors have been derived from software for atari and macintosh PC's and use strange user interfaces that take some time to get used to.

The demo will limit you to 30 days, but hey, you only need it for halloween and that's just one night if I remember rightly :)

hi ,

i'm not sure to understand what you mean when you write :

and also the lighting effects

but do your light gear (do you plan to use gradator?) have midi input (i never saw such a thing)? if you want to use the analog input of gradator ,they work with 0-10V control voltage  ,i'm not sure that you can do that with the MIDIbox ; and if you plan to use the DMX inputs ,the protocol isn't the same than for MIDI protocol .

Or maybe i've missed something?