midi io / com interface

sjakie

Hi,

I'm having strange problems with the midi io and upload of apps.  I have build the basic core module and added the max232 interface (no optocoupler used). I set the device id to use the LTC

After quite some hours of trying I've found the following;

- I can upload mios and app with the Serge syxexbox but I cannot download anything and I rarely get confirmation of sysex  blocks (mostly once or nothing at all)

- When using midiox I get the 2 sec sysex string (when mios was not uploaded yet), but uploading anything does not seem to work (no errors but also no checksums in the sysex string from MIOS).

- If I request for download using sysexbox and quickly switch to midiox I can see the sysex stuff coming in ! (but in sysexbox usually only 1 block comes in)

I have tried with roland and yamaha driver. The other one does not want to install on XP.

So midi in works fine with midi ox, but midi out does not.

Midi in does not work very well with sysexbox but midi out works fine

I think getting midiox working would be best as it has most features. I also tried loopback (with pic removed and tx/rx shorted) with midiox but no response.

Pretty confusing ???

Any suggestions to solve this?

Ok I have some progress with midiox. I've set default midi output device in windows control panel->sound devices to the yamaha driver and selected "Midi Mapper" as midi output device.

Sysex upload now works and I get confirmation from MIOS for each block in midiox.  ;D

I did get errors at first when trying to upload the SID application, which was solved by setting low level output buffers of midiox to size 4096 and num 32

So the sysex works (jay!) , but I hope this doesn't indicate other midi problems will arise later.

I now know the logic for buffer setting. I was trying to upload the patch-bank just now and midiox gave an error exactly at patch 32. After setting the number of buffers higher it got a little further.

The number of buffers must be at least the number of sysex blocks before it works for me, so I have just put it to 1024. That should be enough ;)