Now my LCD is Flashing  MIOS V1.7

© 2004 t.Klose

I then tried to upload MIDIbox 64 Generic and it still just flashes MIOS V1.7

© 2004 t.Klose

Is MIOS on my pic and any ideas what to do next

Thank you all

for your help once I get the first one up I hope to

be able to help others get going.

ok, first off, you have to stop posting all of your posts in this section of the forum.  there is a section that is clearly marked "testing/troubleshooting"....that is where this type of post should go (along with your other posts).  also, rather than start a new thread for this question, you should continue with your previous thread ("what next").  there are a few reasons for this:

1. people are already familiar with your situation, so dialogue is more fluid.

2. a consistent thread that shows your progress from start to finish will be much more helpful for people who may encounter your problem in the future.

3. the forum will be much less cluttered.

ok, on to your question....

I had to change ID to 01 in MIDI in MIDI OX

i think it should work without having to do this (it did for me).  perhaps that is causing your next problem...

Now my LCD is Flashing MIOS V1.7

© 2004 t.Klose

Is MIOS on my pic

if you see that on the screen, MIOS should be on the pic.

I then tried to upload MIDIbox 64 Generic and it still just flashes MIOS V1.7

© 2004 t.Klose

any ideas what to do next

when you upload the app, what kind of acknowledgement string are you getting back?

the following information is from  http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap.html:

After the upload of every 1k block an acknowledge string will be sent by the loader - Action ID "0f" for ok, "0e " on errors. An error ID "0e 03" means: wrong checksum, "0e 04" means: write failed (data mismatch during verify); "0e 05" means: "memory area protected". The last error ID appears when you tried to overwrite the loader, or in case that the code is uploaded with the secondary loader, that you tried to overwrite the operating system.

that's a start.  let us know what you find out.

I think jdutcher is right that the device id is your problem;

If you changed the device id, you must also change it for the application you are uploading, if the id for the application does not match the one you

programmed in the chip the application will not be uploaded. This can be done in a few ways; change the .syx file with a perl script, rebuild the application syx file and specify the correct id, use serge's tool to upload the app or use the new MIOS studio applicatyion to upload it (I think).