CV Output (& input)

Guest Quenzer

Guest Quenzer

Somthing thats kept on going round my head for months...

The midibox sequencer would benifit alot from having a module added to drive CV inputs of analog synths; This would allow many of us to automate our nice cozy warm old moogs without spending a stack trying to find a old novation basstation with the CV's :)

Also wouldnt be a bad idea facilitating CV input also, would allow some extra integration capabilitys :)

...aside of interfacing with prebuilt synths; it would also make interfacing homebrew analog (and suchlike) synth projects a breeze ! :)

...and i guess could also be used to automate just about any analog item u wish (with abit of auxilliary inginuity :)

One suggestion i might make (if this can be done practically); is that such a CV (in &/or out) module is a add on adaptation of a standardized analog out module (which doesnt seem to exist currently); to the same tune as the current extension modules.

Hi Quenzer,

I bought a PCB from oakley sound systems over the net, for a midi to CV device. Hopefully I'll get a chance to build it before I go back to college. There was stuff on the old forum about cv to midi, there may even be some stuff on Thorsten's website somewhere. (remember that the pots on a midi controller are just voltage references, converted to digital in the PIC ADC)

As for automation of old gear, now that would take heaps of work!!!! I doubt many people have ever tried it! (it has only been in the last 10 years that half decent automation has been around you know! someone I know had to sue an otherwise well respected electronics company a few years ago for supplying a dodgy automation system for a large analogue desk!)

good luck with your analogue adventures!

from Steve ;)

btw, my stereo has an automated volume knob! :P (sort of!)

Guest Quenzer

Intresting :) ...ill have a search for that kit online ..and also will have a read through the old forum.

yup am aware that the analog input module can potentially be hooked upto anything which is descernable as a voltage reference with a little work.

However there is a lack of a analog output module; which would then provide the same scope to customize outputs as well as inputs as above.