reading a 9v p.supply in the Multimeter

Guest Tuga

and it shows above 16v....   ??? ??? ???

in three different power supplys, one from roland and the other two with selectable voltage...

I'm very confused with that.... i bought a brand-new 50euro multimeter for this project....

Also the p.supplys transforms 220V ac -> 9V dc

and in the multimeter the scale is "20V DC"

Anyway, my project is almost finished..... The pic is programmed :) The Modules are done  :) :)  Just waiting for the crystal....  .... and a digital camera ;)

cheers

yeah,

i had the same confusion after soldering my midibox...

(i measured AFTER connecting & the midibox not seeming to work, so I thought the high voltage busted my box :-[ )

but then thorsten told me that these power supplies unfold their true power output only when connected to a load (for example, a midibox).

i trusted him & the power supply, connected it (after finding & solving other midibox-mistakes), and measured the output- and really, it put out what it was supposed to!!! (as does my midibox right now).

and the multimeter scale of 20V dc should be fine to hopefully find it putting out 9v when connected in the right way...

but... how do you want to connect a digital camera to the midibox?

::)

greetings & good luck,

dr. klug

Thanks for the input doctor!

I went to the electronics store near me and they said that the transformer was not stabilized.

They tested a new one that showed in the multimeter the same erratic voltage...

My confusion was in that value.... 16V..... it's really a great difference from 9V.....

But it's cool now....

The digital camera is to take some pics for you to see, nothing more.... :)

Thanks!