Am I uploading the software and banks correctly?

msi

I just got my midibox core debugged and working, and the Midibox sid is showing the right Voltages.  I can hear a slight thump when power is applied, yet I get no sound from the sid.

Once the core sent the ready message I sent mios_v1_8.syx file using midi-OX.  Then, I sent the Main.syx sid file.  Jsynth doesn't seem to want to let me upload the banks from the patches zip. 

Have I done everything in the right order?

Hi,

you should hear a nice PWM patch after you've uploaded MIOS and the main.syx (or any other .syx of the midibox_sid_* package). I guess, that there is a problem with you hardware - did you try the SID interconnection test?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Ok, so I decided to try  hooking an LCD to the Core module to see what happens.  The LCD's didn't display anything.  Afterwards I decided to send the interconnection test to the core.  Using Midi-OX This is what the core module returned.

TIMESTAMP IN PORT STATUS DATA1 DATA2 CHAN NOTE EVENT               

00028CC8   1  --     F0  Buffer:     8 Bytes   System Exclusive     

SYSX: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

0002A3EB   1  --     F0  Buffer:    10 Bytes   System Exclusive     

SYSX: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 0E 06 51 F7

0002A3EE   1  --     F0  Buffer:     8 Bytes   System Exclusive     

SYSX: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

• 1 month later...

I tried it on another pc with two differnt usb interfaces and got the same results.  Also Midi Studio doesn't do anything more than MidiOX.  This is really fustrating.  I'm thinking I might want to have someone double check my work and PIC to see if I did everything correctly. 

You should make sure you pass the MIDI troubleshoot :

http://www.ucapps.de/mios_bootstrap.html

What you want, is to solve one problem at a time. It sounds like you have a MIDI Problem (maybe you also have a SID Problem and an maybe even LCD problem)

If your LCD isn't working, you should test the between the pads of the LCD and the Pins of the PIC (personally I find it easier to do with the PIC removed from the socket.), in other words, not the underside of the PCB, as the solder can easily flow to the pad and not touch the lead (or pin) of a component, or the other way around.