Mios and sid upgrade

Jorge

Hi all,

a question regarding ugrades,

I was uploading mios v1.8 to the master core module using Serges sysex loader

realised I had to send the file within two seconds and did so, success it worked then loaded sid cs app v1.7a again success,

sent the link sys ex string using midi ox to open the link to my slave modules then it occurred to me, do I have to load the new os during the two second boot up time to the slaves as well? the reason I ask is that If I have to switch off and switch on my sid I must lose the link, may be I'm wrong or don't I have to upgrade the os of the slaves?

I've no way of knowing whether it's been successfull for the slaves as i havn't finished my control surface yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks 

Jorge....

Hi Jorge,

updating MIOS on SID slaves is a not so well documented "corner case" - you have to reset the slave core manually. This can be done with a short cable, which is connected to ground - just tip it on the MRST# pin (pin 1) of the SID which should be updated. Thereafter send MIOS to the slave within 2 seconds.

If you are using MIOS Studio, you have to enable the "Don't use feedback from core" option

Best Regards, Thorsten.