How hard is to built a MIDIbox SID???

Dimitri Frazao

Read every relevent page in the site and also print them off and read them on your way to work ,home ,school, etc.

this was the first "digital" project I ever undertook, seemed daunting at first, took me 3 months to fully understand it, which had a unforseen benefit as TK improved the SID project,Serge produced his Sysex loader, Smash started selling PICs with the bootstrap already loaded, etc.

1 year 3 months later I've nearly finished my multi SID.

Not particulary fast as I have to squeeze it in between work, my analogue modular project,wife and two kids aged

4.5 years and 23months respectively , house renovation also + playing guitar, recording , etc,etc,etc

arrrrggghhh.

Next the MBFM project , I'm a sucker for punishment, must be some kind of masochist thing.... :)

Jorge...... ;D

• 1 month later...

i've never soldered a joint in my life before and i have just the high-school basic knowledge of electronics but i managed to successfully build 2 cores and 2 sid modules that work. i'd say it's really easy just precisely following the instructions. also - internet is your friend. any question regarding general electronics you'll have you can first try google (like - color codings for resistors, capacity codes for caps, soldering how-tos, ...)

just do EXACTLY as it says on ucapps. i'm really careful&precise doing anything and i haven't had any problems. and there's this forum where kind people always answer all the questions to the people that show good will and self-initiative first.