powering off the core brakes the application

gm02froe

Hi

Getting slowly into the simple test applications I struggle at the moment with a rather strange effect.

I ajusted the ain64_din128_dout128_v1_3.zip application (see topic: http://69.56.171.55/~midibox/forum/index.php?topic=5034.0)  to my own needs and I am able to

- build a main.hex file without any errors and upload it with MIOS Studio onto my core and/or

- build a main.syx file with perl and upload it with midiox onto my core

in both cases the application runs just as intended.

but when I power off the core and plug in the power again, it wont react on incomming MIDI signals anymore.

any hints?

cheers

martin

hi thorsten

unfortunately yes. After a fresh upload I unpluged the midi out connection and I was able to control the led's, when I powered off/on -> no reaction.

It actually looks as if the method "USER_MPROC_NotifyFoundEvent" is not called anymore. I tested this with an additional lcd-display call:

USER_MPROC_NotifyFoundEvent
	;; here we could insert code which switches the LEDs on/off via MIDI:
	;; Entry number is in WREG ---- it corresponds to the LED which should be switched
	;; the note velocity (or CC value) switches on/off the LED, it's stored in MIOS_PARAMETER3
    IFSET	MIOS_PARAMETER3, 6, call MIOS_DOUT_PinSet1 ; set LED if value >= 64
    IFCLR	MIOS_PARAMETER3, 6, call MIOS_DOUT_PinSet0 ; clear LED if value < 64

;; print "DOUT event" message
	TABLE_ADDR TEXT_DOUT_EVENT_0		; init pointer to string
	call	MIOS_LCD_PrintString		; print line 1
	call	MIOS_LCD_PrintString		; print line 2

return

TEXT_DOUT_EVENT_0 STRING 16, 0x00, "Received a DOUT "
TEXT_DOUT_EVENT_1 STRING 10, 0x40, "Event:    "

???

martin

p.s. it would be nice to display the received midi event since its inside MIOS_PARAMETER3, but I havent figured that out yet. And its not really important.

Hi me  :D

Sorted!! Problem was not on application side but on PC side.

Since I did my troublshooting with puredata (it can send Control data while MIOSStudio doesnt) I ran into this problem. Afther powering off/on the midibox didnt get any of the midisignals anymore, though my midi-usb interface did say otherwise. but when I sent a midi note via MIOSStudio, midibox received the event, and from this moment on from puredata as well.

So when ever midibox reboots I have to reapply the midi settings in puredata and everything works fine.

cheers

martin