SmashTV's AIN Module

jackchaos

SmashTV

3 questions.

-- The output pins on your AIN module has two rows, unlike the AIN modules shown on this site. 2 of the pins are marked Vd (Power+ I guess)... what are they for? Why are they there.

-- Also, I need to 'ground' all of my unused pins in the AIN. A0-A7 for the last 3. How does everyone go about grounding the pins. A photo example would be very helpful. If not, a good description of how one would "ground" these pins.

-- What does Vss and Vdd actually mean. I know ones ground and the other is +. What's the significance of the "ss" and "dd"?

Thanks

SmashTV

3 questions.

-- The output pins on your AIN module has two rows, unlike the AIN modules shown on this site. 2 of the pins are marked Vd (Power+ I guess)... what are they for? Why are they there.

The change to dual row headers for the input pins on my AIN boards is to facilitate the use of IDC connectors and ribbon cable, rather than the tedious crimping of SIL connectors.  I had the space and route, so I ran +5 there as a convenience (since you need +5 and ground there to read the pots, But adding a ground on the same connectors would be a ground loop nightmare for an inexperienced builder or those with a plastic front panel)

Be sure to take a look at my AIN info page.....

-- Also, I need to 'ground' all of my unused pins in the AIN. A0-A7 for the last 3. How does everyone go about grounding the pins. A photo example would be very helpful. If not, a good description of how one would "ground" these pins.
I'm not sure what everyone is doing.....On my only "half" AIN I made up two connectors with one wire to each leading to J7. 

-- What does Vss and Vdd actually mean. I know ones ground and the other is +. What's the significance of the "ss" and "dd"?

Thanks

My two remaining brain cells clanked together on accident and reminded me that I had babbled about this before in a past thread.  ;D

Best!

SmashTV