Ceramic caps (help identify)

js

I think I understand the basic electronics but when it comes to ceramic caps i never have a clue...

Every time i buy them they look different, and the numbers on them doesn´t make since (ok, on some of them...)

I bought stuff from my lokal dealer to make a Core- and a sidmodule and I got the following ceramic caps:

I sort of tried to guess which one is what, but is there anyone that would confirm the values before i make some hughes mistakes...

stumper.jpg

Thanks alot for the help!!! :)

Hi.

Good guesses ;) The only problem is that the last cap is 470nF, so probably the shop sold you the wrong ones.

These ceramics are marked in pico farads, 2 first numbers represent the value and 3rd (if present) the number of zeroes.. (uf, factor?!? what's the correct word?)..

Bye, Moebius

woa, once again prople have shown to be extreamly helpful!! Thanks Moebius for identifying the parts. Just got back from the store with some new ones :)

And thanks for the nice link that explained the factor thingy. :) (pleace don´t use  too much acid....)

One thing im still wondering about is "Styroflex" (from the sidmodule orderlist) What does that mean, the two stores i´ve been in didn´t know it.... Bought some similar to one i´ve used to the sid before so they proberly work...

Thanks again

js!!

It seems that "Styroflex" is a brand name for polystyrene caps. These are extremely temperature stable and have very low leakage. These are used in analog oscillators and filters for minimum drift. (It will ensure your SID filter frequency stays same in the same settings and don't drift form time to time)

These might be a little hard to find and somewhat expensive. Also polypropylene caps should work fine.

Bye, Moebius