Midi Time Up!

Guest blafferen

Guest blafferen

I Have problems with the mbhp core module..

I have build two core modules, with parts and pcb from Mike, and the problems are the same for both of them:

When I transfer a Sysex file, for example,"midibox64.syx" from Virtual midibox 64 It starts to transfer, then after , like 10 sec. It flickers, and I get the message "Midi Time Out!  Whats Up???", and the operation buttons freezes..

It doesnt help lovering the sysex dump speed..

I have made a third core module with parts from Reichelt and it works .., I think I even get a message when sysex has been transferred correctly.

The Crystal on the kits from Mike is not 20 mhz but 22.1184Mhz, does this make the difference?? This is the only apparent difference I can see.

I have checked the resistors, and the 4148 is facing the right way.

Somebody have a clue??

Blafferen

Hi,

yes, you definately need 20.000 Mhz crystals, no more, no less. Ring a few of your local suppliers, even some electronic appliance component trade stores sell them, you may save yourself having to make an order for just 2 crystals, and you don't have to wait for the mail either! :) You had better tell Mike first actually, I suppose he should send you the right parts for free.

good luck with your midi adventures!

.......Steve

Guest blafferen

Thanks Steve!!

Your so 100% right, and it was the crystal that was the problem. So many traps to fall in, so much that can go wrong, but now this problem is solved, and the core modules work.

And it wasnt Mike actually, but Chris who send me the wrong ones, but he making it up by sending me the right ones.

So Im back in the show, where the gently currents flow. (That was a bad one!!)

Ciao Blafferen