Midibox Seq V2 Bankstick Issue

dcer10

I have a problem with my "In progress" sequencer. I built a board with 8 memory chips as per the image on the web site, and it worked fine. It formatted the chips, and each time I would load up the seq it would say loading setup from bankstick. I left the sequencer for about a week and when I booted it up again it did not say that it was loading from the bankstick. I assumed that the very messy wires and posts I used under the board must have been damaged, and started again with a new board as it was too messy to repair. I made a much neater version of the 8 memory chip board and mounted the IC's and connected it up to the core, but still nothing. I checked with a multimeter from the J4 on the core to each leg of the IC's and everything connected up ok. I then assumed that the IC's must have been somehow damaged, so I ordered another 16 of them. Once I got them I tested a single chip wired up to J4 as per the diagram on the site, and still nothing! Can anyone offer any suggestions for troubleshooting this? Its a real pain! Do I need to build another core module? It seems to work fine except for this problem.  Any help would be great!!