How to solder rotary encoders on DIN ?

goule

Hello crew  ;D

My MBHP has come to some satisfying point, but I still need to connect those bluddy rotary encoders (both detended, one with switch) to my working DIN (already 4 buttons on it that works perfectly well).

I didn't find any scheme on ucapps.de that would show me how to solder those babies on the PCB.

Could you please help ??

Thannxxxxx  8)

Goule

Hi,

everything´s on uCapps. As it is to be expected, connections to a DIN board are explained on http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp_din.html - just look under "Additional information".

Even if you have an encoder type not mentioned on this page, there are only 3 pins coming from an encoder and you can swap them as you like until it works as intended. You can´t damage anything.

Merry Christmas,

Seppoman

Hello,

Thanx for reply and greetings  :D

One of my encoders have 5 pins that's why I wrote I didn't find the corresponding scheme. Anyway, I think the logic is the same (3 for rotary + 2 for switching ?)

Merry christmas and a happy new year for you and all that midibox tribe  8)

Goule

One of my encoders have 5 pins that's why I wrote I didn't find the corresponding scheme. Anyway, I think the logic is the same (3 for rotary + 2 for switching ?)

Yes.

Probably the encoder with a switch has 2 pins on the second side. Those are switch contacts.

Bye, Moebius