PCB All-In-One?

rogic

Hello,

a freind wants to make new midibox 64 or 64e, we're not sure yet, but we want following modules:

1 CORE

1 LTC

1 AIN

2 DIN

1 DOUT

and we're considering to put everything on one PCB board.

does someone has and eagle file or picture of such combined PCB?

thanks

I made something similar and this works good: Just take the standard PCBs from ucapps.de or smashtv´s PCBs and copy/paste it together as you need it onto you format (e.g. 160x100 with core+LTC+some DINs or so). The interconnections are then just soldered permanently.

MUCH less effort than making everything new in Eagle and a piece of cake, too.

The ready PCBs (for copy&paste) can also be found as .pdf´s in the portal of midibox.org.

Greetz.

I agree with pay_c

i have quite a few custom boards I have done and each one seems to be specific to my application for that box.

I have also found that cutting and pasteing is the best bet with a few hard wires.

it won't be rocket science.  My Moog Modular V is 2 X (6in. X 9in.) boards with

1 core

2 ains

2 dins

sorry no douts... but again... there's that connector for that and it's not rocket science

happy to give you the pdf's of these files... sorry I take eagle files, turn them into postscript files then edit them in photoshop to get wider runs and bigger pads... etc, etc, and of course, etc.......

the final pdf's are printed 1:1 and work perfectly.

good luck, and  let me know if you want this stuff

gb

Hello

gbeth, I would like to get those pdf files if possible. here is my email: rogic13  at hotmail dot com

the reason we would like to put modules on one board is that we would like to minimize cable making

for module interconnections (and to avoid bad soldering), and to make bigger SIL sockets so we can use

hard-drive cables (20 pins) betweek modules and interface