can't upload mios

I did all test's on the how to debug midi page but i still can't upload the code. I burned the mios bootstrap loader using a WISP628 Pic programmer. and the midi interface i use is a midex3. I Can See these requests in Midi OX(see picture). But i don't know if these are good? ???

midiox.jpg

Hi,

it seems that the core is running at the wrong baudrate. One reason could be, that the ID header (which selects the to-COM option) contains all-ones instead of all-zeros.

So long you are using ICPROG (-> MBHP_JDM) or P18 (-> MBHP_BURNER), this shouldn't be a problem, but there are also PIC programmers which just ignore the ID information, and left the original content untouched (-> all one)

If this is the case, then just follow the instructions within the main.asm header of this package:

http://www.ucapps.de/mios/mios_bootstrap_picstart_workaround_v1.zip

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Rick,

why isn't it possible with your programmer? The code just programs the ID fields from the CPU, so long the programmer doesn't overwrite the IDs again (which is very unlikely if they are all-one), then it should work

Best Regards, Thorsten.

i don't know how to do this with my programmer.

reconfigure the programmer so that only the first 4k block will be

;      overwritten

;      - MPLAB IDE: click on Programmer->Settings, change Program memory

;        end address from 7fff to fff,

; thereafter click on Programmer->Program

;      - MPLAB V5.4: click on PICStart Plus->Program Verify, set the end

;        address from 0x7fff to 0xfff,

; thereafter click on the program button

I use the program bumblebee to program. I programmed a complete robot with the pic18f452 and that programmer and i just don't know how to do this :) http://robot.manvsmachine.nl

WISP628 is a project of Vouter van Oijen (voti.nl), a very friendly guy. You could ask him, how to program the ID field with his programmer, it shouldn't be so difficult to add this to the software. Or maybe he knows another solution (you can refer to this posting if you want)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

WISP628 is a project of Vouter van Oijen (voti.nl), a very friendly guy. You could ask him, how to program the ID field with his programmer, it shouldn't be so difficult to add this to the software. Or maybe he knows another solution (you can refer to this posting if you want)

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I'll try it first with wouters Xwisp tool. Maybe it is possbile to program the id's with that. And i will post a topic on the dutch circuits online forum. Wouter is on that forum.

timestamp 648126000 us: Sysex message: F0 00 00 7E 40 00 01 F7

My core is sending this message now. Mios Studio says it is an upload request. But when i try to upload mios it says finished at the end of uploading. and the core is still sending this message.

I tried uploading again with a soundblaster and a gameport cable. Now MIOS is UP and Running!!!

Thanks for your help. This was just the problem with the ID. After burning it again with bumblebee and the main.asm file mios sended upload requests. The only problem was that my midex3 did not send the sysex files correct. The core did not return any checksum.

General Question on this same subject:

I am using midio128 with two keyboards and pedal:

I used mios studio for loading mios and found it worked great.  midio128 and the ini files were loaded with midiox.  With mios studio the core sends a message as shown on the post above ending with the F7......F0 request for upload.  When I use midiox, I don't get the F7...F0 string, but do get keyboard data in from the keyboard.  Is there something to turn on in midiox, or something else to get the acknowledge string?

I am trying to send keyboard data  through the midiout on one core  to the midiin on a second core remotely located. the second core with douts to drive relays.

with midiox monitoring the midi out of the receiving core, the note on/off keypresses are displayed exactly as pressed, however, there is no output from the dout.

Is this sufficient response to assume that midio128 and the ini files loaded correctly?  What are the correct settings for the ini file for the {inverse-inputs] and [inverse outputs].  I assume that the output from the dout is active high.

Regards,

Johnc