Can anyone program an

sd2000

AT89C2051 for me?

Hello everyone, hopefully this is posted in the right place, but can anyone program a couple of these for me?

I don't really want to go to the bother of buying/building a programmer just for two chips.

I will of course pay for any costs and supply the chips.

I am in the UK

Thanks in advance

S

I'd gladly do it, but I'm overseas, so it's probably not worth it.

FWIW- I built one of those Willem programmers a couple years ago which has been really fun. It'll do Atmel's, PIC's, all sorts of BIOS flash chips, and the old style 27xx-type EPROMS like you find in a lot of old electronic music gear.

I'm sort of pissed now, because he evidently opened up the design recently for commercial use or something, and there's a whole slew of them on eBay for like 35 bucks. I'm sure I paid that much just in parts, and the board was a bit of a hassle at the time. Then, to add insult to injury, they refine it every so often, and those mass produced ones are not only on really nice boards, but some of the designs will have onboard support for more chips (PLCC's and stuff), USB plus the parallel like mine, the parallel's on a regular centronic-type printer jack, the boards are smaller and more rugged looking, and who knows what else. >:(

I wasted about two days not long ago, trying to put together a PLCC to DIP32 adapter for that, and I don't even think it worked right. They're quite useful things to have around, especially at that price. It's gotten me out of quite a few jams, and I've had to resort to risky "hot-flashes" and stuff without it, in the past. If you're interested, just check the listings under "Willem".

George

PS- Double check that chip number in the current support list to make sure. I'd imagine it's in there.   

Thanks for the offer George, more importantly, thanks for the info.

Didn't know about these things and I have a few projects on the go at the moment so this is EXACTLY what I am looking for.  Have got one off ebay and am awaiting its delivery.

Thanks and regards

S