Multiple cores / single lcd - buttons

Tanstaafl

I saw on the midibox-link page an example of 3 cores .... the first two forwarding button events and lcd data to a single lcd on core#3 . I am using a 2 core system.  I am wanting to get rid of the extra  lcd on my core#1 and have all button/lcd stuff show up on core#2.(oh, and get rid of the buttons on core#2 at the same time).... buttons on core#1 / lcd on core#2.  button events and lcd data show up on core#2 lcd.  Does this make any sense?

Anybody give me an idea of where to look in order to accomplish this?

thanx in advance,

gb

Yes, it makes sense, and I definitely want to see an example application made by users (and not by myself this time ;-))

The MIDIBox MM application demonstrates, how to parse SysEx for strings. Search for MM_SYSEX_Cmd_WriteLCD()

If one of the previous MIDI devices within the chain sends F0 00 01 0F 00 11 00 10 <pos> <...characters...> F7, the appr. text will be displayed on a LCD. For your own application it might be better to use another SysEx header

Best Regards, Thorsten.

hmmm....

as poor as my coding skills are, I think I will just go with the 10 dollar option of 4 buttons and an extra LCD display.  :)

I have enough spare cores and testbed breadboards, I will experiment with the programming before my next project, and keep you posted!

thanx, TK

gb