My midibox suddenly stopped working

Rigo

This is going to be a long one (sorry)

After all work done to fix my jittering problem http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=31.15

I finnaly got it to work, I ordered brand new core(R4) and ain (R3) from Smash, well it was good for 2 or 3 day use. Yesterday I was working with my box and live 4 and everything was working perfectly, all the pots and faders assigned where flawless, and suddenly the box died, nothing worked, so I used MIDI-OX to check what happen, nothing was beeing send, I turned off and on the box and nothing was sent. Not even the single upload request that is send every time I turn the box on, I checked voltages and ground everywhere the troubleshooting guide ask to do so, and everything is ok (4.9 v .  ). 

then I tried to generate  a random message to check if my pc midi IN was working

so with a small screw driver I touched the center pin of my cable to the next to the left, and a random midi message was created.

the wierd thing is that:

After unplugging and pluging the midi cable from the my midibox OUT several times I get a single up load request  but I have to do the unpluging and pluging procedure several times before I get another upload request, but even if the request is sent, nothing happens after that...........................

What should I do? ??? ??? ??? ???

Hi,

this could be a loopback problem, maybe you've enabled a forwarding option (MIDI In -> MIDI Out) in your software.

If the merger of the MIDIbox is enabled as well, the data will be loopbacked endless

Best Regards, Thorsten.

From your posting

can the loopback take place even if am just using    MIDIBOX(OUT) ->->->->->PC(IN) and nothing else.

it's not clear to me, if you've already checked it without connecting the MIDI In or not...

Some possible reasons: bad soldering joint, broken MIDI cable (which sometimes works, sometimes not), problem with your PC MIDI driver, problem with your PC software.

When you read this troubleshooting section, you will find a lot of strange reasons for failures... maybe this helps!

Best Regards, Thorsten.