C64 PSU Question

tel3

Hello all!

I was about to buy a C64 PSU off of Ebay but, I was unsure if there is a different one for each of the SID chips/C64 versions, being that the power requirements are different for each chip?

Although I have not posted to it in quite a while, I will be continuing with my "A new SID is born...SOON" post, so check that out as well. I will be posting to it again very soon! Also can someone tell me how to post an image in a post? I seen a post by moebius that gave the code for posting a pic but I am unsure exactly how to implement it.  ???

Sorry for such dumb, noobish questions!

-tel3

I was about to buy a C64 PSU off of Ebay but, I was unsure if there is a different one for each of the SID chips/C64 versions, being that the power requirements are different for each chip

No, both of them are providing the same voltages: 5V DC and 9V AC.

See also this thread: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=5689.0

If you want to insert Pictures, click on the picture-button in the editor. he creates the two image-tags. Copy ther url of your picture between them.

oshidash

Oshidash, Thanks for the reply!

I kinda figured they were the same and went ahead and bought one off of Ebay after looking through all of the info on the MidiBox SID pages. I tried to search for info on this in the forum but could not seem to find anything.

-tel3