hi, help me with programing MIOS

nikolaveselic

I start making my first pic project (MIDIBox controller :-) )

It should be something like MIDIBox 64, but muy MIDIBox will have about 50 pots, and 30-40 Push-Buttons (I want to make controls for Native Instruments Traktor). Other moduls are not necessary?

I made CORE modul (burner too) and LTC modul (because I don't have MIDI port). So can I program MIOS (second file mios_v1_9_pic18f452.hex which must be programed) over serial port or I must find other computer to put this file?

Will I need something else of programing or moduls for this project?

Sorry but my English isn't perfect :-)

Thanx,

Nikola

I made CORE modul (burner too) and LTC modul (because I don't have MIDI port). So can I program MIOS (second file mios_v1_9_pic18f452.hex which must be programed) over serial port or I must find other computer to put this file?

You have to burn the bootstrap-loader with the right ID for the LTC module. SmashTV has a ID calculator on his site: http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/idgen.html (0x0100 should be right for you if you use a normal LCD or no LCD).

If you cannot select the ID in your programmer, you can change the ID directely in the hex file of the bootloader:

Look for this line (near the end of the hex file):

:080000000000000000000000F8

Change it to this:

:080000000000000000000100F7

[This is taken from a message by TK in the german forum: http://www.midibox.org/forum/index.php?topic=6051.msg37190#msg37190]

thanx

I had burned mios_update_v1_9\pic18f452\burner\bootloader_v1_2_pic18f452.hex without changes, but when I read your reply I erased my pic and burn him agen, but with changes.

And when I put pic in core modul and connect core with LTC modul and with serial port and then open MIOSStudio beta4.4, I can't find MIDI IN and MIDI OUT on MIDI DEVICE ROUTING in the program.

What I missed?

nikola

no, I have KAWAI serial driver, but I don't know how to install him.

can you help me?

I know how on 98

1. Open the Control Panel

2. Choose the "Add New Hardware". Click "Next" to continue until you

are asked to search the hardware. Then select "NO" and click "Next".

3. Choose "Sound, Video & Game Controllers" and click "Next".

4. Click "Have Disk".

5. Type the drive letter of the floppy disk or hard drive that has

the driver in it, or browse to the folder with the driver

in it. Then click "OK".

But on XP?

I have download it from  http://www.kawai.co.jp/english/Download2.html#h

nikola

sorry for bothering :-)  I have just install my kawai driver and upload mios_update_v1_9\pic18f452\midi\mios_v1_9_pic18f452.hex from MIOSStudio. LED on LTC module just stop blinking jeeeee  :-)))

so is that all, can I now open traktor to make setup or there's more programing to do?

Thanx everyone for helping me!!!!!!

Nikola