easy to get pic16f877 in sydney

Steven_C

Hi everyone in Sydney Australia! :D :D

well it all seemed really hard to me to order from farnell, as I thought you needed to have a credit card or an account to buy from Farnell in 72 Ferndell St Chester Hill.

well I can't order through work anymore, as I left that place, but today I found out that all I had to do was -

1 - ring 1300 361 005, tell them part numbers of what you want,  they ask for a business name, but just give them your name instead. they ask you to make up an order number, so I just used my initials and todays date. Tell them you want to pick up the goods at the trade counter as a cash sale.    They will then give you a reference number.

2 - go for a drive to chester hill, by the time you get there, the goods will be waiting for you at the counter! (give them the reference number of your order)

3 - part with some cash, and walk away with your bits you just bought!

note that they will only sell you goods if you ring first!

they don't have pic18f452....bummer (they have pic18c452.... would this work?)

but they do have the following....M24256 cat no... 111284      pic16f877-20 (3002731)   20Mhz crystal(569902)  10k linear slider(150 477)  everything else is available from Jaycar except rotary encoders

well I hope this helps someone!! ;D

bye from Steve