Ebay Alert: HongKongSuperSeller

moogah

Under no circumstances should you buy *anything* from ebay member HongKongSuperSeller AKA Musical Reduction Shop. Although some people have had decent transactions with him it has recently come to light that the majority of the IC's he sells ended up in China because they were trash to be recycled, or wose they are re-labled IC's (meaning some little chinese kid has a job sanding the labels off old IC's over there). Rumors abound about the real nature of his buisness, but one thing is for sure, the deals are too good to be true so just pass them by.

Rumours, rumours, rumours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They may well be true but chances are that they're total bollocks.

Isn't this already mentioned somewhere else on this board already?

Hey guys!!!.... Before you go mouthing off about something you know NOTHING about, maybe you should consider something - maybe you're destroying the business and rendering poor and starving the family of a legitimate businessman by spreading crap around which you read on some webpage - which was written by his competition! THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!

This is so thoughtless and downright stupid - even if the rumours do turn out to be true (which I suspect may never happen)

Edit: Sorry Moogah, please don't think this is aimed at just you, there are a lot of people doing this.

Edit 2: I should make it clear that I'm not trying to suggest that HKSS's competitor is on the sly. I sarcastically joke about it, but what I'm trying to point out is that we really don't know, and like they say, assumption is the mother of all f@ckups. I've dealt with both of these sellers and they've both been fine. Hell for all we know he didn't even really say those things about HKSS.... It's all a bunch of noise about nothing.

i agree wholeheartedly

when you read a rumour, you assume it is true.  of course to assume makes an ASS out of U the writer and ME the reader. ::)

there is nothing stopped the internet being filled with total rot, but the efforts of conciencious people who wish everything to be right and truthful, like the moderators and most people on this forum.

don't take everything on face value but test the truthfulness and make up your own mind. :o  ie if you get burnt, then you have evidence that whoever is unreliable.  of course there are other ways to test someones honesty, such as the testimony of someone you trust. ;)  if you don't know anyone to trust, read extensively from this forum, you will work it out. ;D

OrganGrinder

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh!  I lost track of this post!

In any case I'll echo the fact that I'm just passing on what I've heard elsewhere, but with the added caveat that the people from whom it came are trustworthy.  Sure the full allegations of chipforbrains are a bit tough to swallow, but, knowing a bit about how shit works over in Hong Kong it really isn't too hard to believe.  One thing is certian, many people who have ordered from HKSS have received product that is of substantialy lower quality than the auctions seem to indicate, or something totally differnt (those MN3005's are not too likely to be the real deal, I'll post about it when and if mine arrive).  In fact I have not received the order I placed over a month ago now.