the double midibox64?

BoimB son of BoB

Hi,

simple question(s).

i want a midibox thats basicly just a double midibox64... so the possibility of 128faders/pots...etc...

so, that means making 2 midibox64 and put them in one housing?

can i just do this with coupling two core modules together as outlined ... somwhere...in the documentation? and using a single PSU? or is this PSU going to be a problem?

also...will i need extensive MIOS modifications to achief this, or will it be basic...copy/paste and changing some values etc?

i know it's better to start with a single midibox64 for starters ... but if i know it's in my reach (by wich i mean, i don't want to design things MIOS is't really capable of doing as it is now...) to implement a second midibox, i can start making the front panel that already leaves the possibility to implement a second midibox64 when that time comes.

thank you!

Hi,

the PSU requirements which are mentioned at the MBHP_CORE page mainly consider the usage of a single 7805 for multiple core modules. But in your case this is not recommented.

Just stuff all components, and power the core modules via Port J1. You can use a single voltage source for this, if it is strong enough (this depends on how many LCDs and LEDs should be driven)

You don't need to modify the firmware in order to chain two MIDIbox64, this configuration can be done within the MIDI menu. The first MIDIbox in the chain has to be configured as "MIDIbox Link Forwarding Point", and the second as "MIDIbox Link Endpoint"

Best Regards, Thorsten.