Programming through chain

Thomas

It works so long the MIDI merger is enabled, regardless if it is a "normal merger", a forwarding or endpoint. Since the SysEx response is not tunnled, it is even forwarded by the endpoint.

Thomas: what exactly doesn't work?

Best Regards, Thorsten.

I've to disagree my own answer: since MIOS SysEx responses are not tunnled (this is not possible), the endpoint will filter them out.

But: you can easily change the merger mode of the last core to "forwarding point" from the debug window of MIOS Studio - just call the MIOS_MIDI_MergerSet function to the ID of the last core with WREG=0x03

Best Regards, Thorsten.

Hi Thorsten!

First of all it works!  :)

But I though it didn't work because of another midi trouble of MIOS Studio and even MIDIOX (win98).

Both seems to have problems with F9...FE MIDI-Events. They are to intelligent...

So that if a F9-event came, they do not show the real input for a moment! Even worse if tis happens in a MIDI-loop it can crash (freeze) both programs. (ok, sometimes this happens with normal MIDI-events, but you would see the neverending input stream before and know what happend).

So I have two questions:

1.) is there a MIDIanalysing tool what simply shows the incoming bytes without any "intelligence"?

2.) Motorfader-Modul: Sometimes I have the problem that moving fader 0 by hand, MIDI events for this Fader will be sent (a simple MIDI-Generation depending on pin and value in AIN_NotifyChange) like expected. Just in time. But moving all other faders the MIDI-values will be sent only if I move the fader completely up and down.

It seemed that the fader must find a special postion (the one that's saved in MIOS-Fader-RAM) and only after that it will work like expected.

It looks like the MIDI-Box are waiting for something (a motorfader that cannot be moved, incoming midi etc.pp., but ther are no explicit moving function call!) or resets (without initial request strings).

Can this be? Or is this a similar effect to that mentioned above? 

Hi Thomas,

1) yes, the MIDImon http://www.ucapps.de/midimon.html ;-)

everything else depends too much on Windows, the MIDI API, etc...

2) this is very strange! Does this also happen when you are using one of the premade applications, like MIDIbox LC (sends/receives 14bit Pitch Bender), or MIDIbox MF (sends/receives 7bit CC)

Best Regards, Thorsten.