more the midi message

andrea

Hello..

I'am new here, and I am really impressed about the great projects present in this site.

I need a controller that could send a program change and simultaneously control a relay controller swich jack for amp selector, just pressing a button.

I was wandering if I could build a simple controller like that and It would be great if someone could tell me if it is possible with MBHP project or no.

Is is a tipical application of a midi floorboard for guitar; for example the FCB1010 (behringer). This floorboard allows to trasmit simultaneously  5  program change and two MIDI controller commands per preset and control a relay swich with a note-on signal ( I think).

Thanks a lot

Bye bye

Andrea

Hi Andrea, welcome aboard :)

You should be able to do this quite easily with a MIDIBox, although it could take some minimal programming skills. You can attach the floorboard switches to the midibox, and have it send MIDI, that is a piece of cake. The guys here who have midified organs might be the best to advise on this, but I believe you should be able to drive the relay from a DOUT (or some free pin on the Core module). The whole thing is a fairly simple concept, so provided you have some (or are willing to learn some) programming skills, this will certainly be possible.

Cheers!

The only thing that will require some design outside of the norm, would be the relays, and I'm sure that's been done before. I'd start by running separate searches of the forum and the wiki for keywords like 'relay' (of course), 'ULN' or 'ULN2003' which is an IC that is used to drive the relays, and there might be some info if you search for MBFX.

It's not my area of expertise really (actually I don't think I have one ;) ), but I'm sure a few guys will chime in soon and tell you a handful of ways that they've done this :)

I'll chime in with a "yeah-what he said!" and a couple of hints at more info on driving relays.....

http://www.avishowtech.com/mbhp/mbhp_doutR3.html under "Alternate loading for driving relays:" shows how you can load ULN2803s in place of resistors on my DOUT boards, for driving relays directly.  (this "mod" follows TK's schematic for relay drive, found here: http://www.ucapps.de/mbhp/mbhp_doutx1_reed_relays.pdf)

The guys on the MIDIfication forum section are the experts at DOUT+relay drive.

Best

SmashTV