Display Recommendation: Crystalfontz CFAP2002A-Y-ECS PLED / OLED Module

c0nsumer

Question for you all:

Driving 4 displays (emulating two) will require two pins of the PIC to drive the enable lines, in addition to the two which are already specified by the application.

Does anyone prefer any pins in particular? It will be configurable of course, but I figure I might as well pick the pins that suit everyone best :)

Crystalfontz do make pretty sweet displays. If only they made different color OLED displays I would have used one in my box. I wanted something different than the usual green/yellow colored display though. I ended up using their negative red 20x2 for my SID box and the same in a 40x2 size for my FM box...

-tel3

Crystalfontz do make pretty sweet displays. If only they made different color OLED displays I would have used one in my box. I wanted something different than the usual green/yellow colored display though. I ended up using their negative red 20x2 for my SID box and the same in a 40x2 size for my FM box...

I have one of those displays and I didn't think it looked good enough, so I redid the color scheme of my box and went with the green/black PLED/OLED.

Instead of a red/black box with white indicator lines it's now yellow/black. I haven't decided on the LEDs yet... Yellow to match the enclosure, or green to match the display.

-Steve