TR-808 Clone PCB!

moogah

I've designed an AD633 ring mod which is very nice, but not as gritty as a real transformer-diode model. 

Definatly true, but expiriment with the offset pin to add some extra clipping into the signal for a gritty sound.  Still won't sound like the old style RM's tho.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, i've found that can cause problematic bleedthrough for some reason, possibly due to the oversimplified design ;)

I actually didn't finish my last post, I was at work and the boss came in so I had to cut and run!

I wanted to say bravo on keeping the MB hardware more or less stock. It should be a relatively easy task to integrate a CV module to add velocity to the voices. I'm sure it's not needed on all the voices, but it's nice to have all the same.

Gotta say those PCB's look damn tasty! If I hadn't already started working on my own clone, i'd definitely be interested in getting one. That said, if the price is right.... Two 808's is surely better than one right..? :>

I looked high and low for orignal style components, all I found is what chipsforbrains has on ebay and what is available at vintageplanet.  Unfortunatly the knobs are not amoung the available parts.  Keep a close eye out and you will see people who somehow had a few spares on the shelf somewhere, however, givin their scaricity I've always yeilded to someone with an actual 808 who wanted to do cosmetic repairs.